Eight workshops are offered in the morning, following the panel discussion, and seven workshops are offered in the afternoon.
Morning Workshops (11:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
- AM 1 – Dr. Jazz Kaur
Emotionally Intelligent Urban Principals
- AM 2 – Mr. Darryl White
Inequitable Grading Practices
- AM 3 – Mr. Ron Cooper & Mrs. Kindra Montgomery-Block
- AM 4 – Dr. Jann Murray-Garcia and partners
From the community to the classroom
- AM 5 – Dr. James Thrasher
Unconscious Bias: Is It Real?
- AM 6 – Dr. Edgar Lampkin
Differential Treatment of Youth of Color in the Justice System
- AM 7 – Yesenia, Orlando, Carmen, Cirilo, Luis, Sumer, Daniela, & Kay
Transforming Graduate Education through a Performance-Based Innovation
- AM 8 – Dr. Vajra Watson
White “supremacy” and me: the making and breaking of race(ism)
Afternoon Workshops (1:15-2:30 p.m.)
- PM 1 – Joslyn Vanderpool & Anita Royston
Social Justice in the realm of Social Reality
- PM 2 – Chanda/ESPINO
Community Mobilizing to dismantle the school to prison pipeline
- PM 3 – Dr. Michele Hamilton
Restorative Justice: Slowing the Flow of the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- PM 4 – Jason Mateo, Amaya Noguera, and SAYS Poet-Mentor Educators
SAYSomething: Culturally Relevant Write Now!
- PM 5 – Kay Holmes
Teacher: Where are all of the California Indians?
- PM 6 – Shannon Pella
A Collaborative Inquiry Into Middle School Writing Instruction; Toward and Equity Writing Pedagogy
- PM 7 – Dr. Debbie Ward and Dr. Dian Baker
Linking Health and Education to Foster Equity