How Do I?
How do I start an IM team?
Whether you're a free agent who's looking for other teammates or you have a team ready to go, you can participate in intramural sports at UC Davis!
First, visit the IM sports Web site for the upcoming quarter's sports schedules.
Then register online!
If you're on your own, and you'd like to find other students who are looking for a team, go to the IM sports free agent Web page.
Intramural competition is typically offered in three leagues: 1) men's league, 2) women's league, and 3) coed league.
Within each league, competition may be divided into the following classifications:
- "AA" is for highly skilled, competitive teams/individuals that may have any number of experienced players on the team roster.
- "A" is for above-average skilled, competitive teams/individuals, that may have only a specified number of experienced players on the team roster.
- "B" is for average skilled, competitive teams/individuals. Experienced players are not permitted on the roster.
- "C" is for beginning teams/individuals. Experienced players are not permitted on the roster. Generally no play-offs are offered, but the season is usually extended.
- "Open" is a classification designed to accommodate men and/or women of any skill level when entries are limited.
- "Residence Hall" is for individuals or teams composed of individuals living within approved residence halls (on and off campus).
- "Grad/Staff/Faculty" is for individuals or teams of individuals organized from graduate students, staff, and faculty.