Mary Jeanne Gilhooly Award
The Mary Jeanne Gilhooly Award honors the graduating woman believed to be the most outstanding in the areas of leadership, scholarship, integrity and service in the campus community. The award was established in 1942 to memorialize the achievements of Mary Jeanne Gilhooly, recognized as an "unofficial goodwill ambassador to every prospective Aggie."
- The recipient of the Mary Jeanne Gilhooly Award will receive $1,000.00.
- Selection Criteria and Nominee/Applicant Requirements:
- A student's overall contribution to the campus and community is the primary criterion considered. Nominees should be widely recognized as leaders held in high esteem by other students. They must have made a significant contribution through participation in campus or community service. Evidence of socially responsible, ethical and outstanding leadership either in specific positions of responsibility or while engaged in service activities are indicators of a nominee's qualifications for the award. Self-nominations are acceptable.
- Must graduate by the end of Summer Session 2017.
- Must have attended UC Davis for at least two academic years.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 overall and not be on academic probation at end of fall quarter 2016.
- Nominations are due February 26, 2017. (Self-nominations are accepted.)
- Applications will be accepted for all eligible nominees between March 3–17, 2017.
- Application prompt: “Please provide a personal statement explaining how your qualities of leadership, service and scholarship qualify you for this award.”
- Applicants must also secure and submit a letter of recommendation by March 17, 2017.