Margarita Robinson Student Leadership Award
The Margarita Robinson Student Leadership Award for outstanding junior honors up to three students for their outstanding service and leadership through involvement in recognized student groups and activities. Established in 1982, this award serves as a memorial to Margarita Robinson, who was house mother at the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity for 30 years and a founder of the Prytanean Honor Society at UC Davis.
- The recipient of the Margarita Robinson Student Leadership Award will receive $500.00.
- Selection Criteria and Nominee/Applicant Requirements:
- A student's overall contribution to the campus and community is the primary criterion considered. Nominees should be widely recognized as leaders held in high esteem by other students. They must have made a significant contribution through participation in campus or community service. Evidence of socially responsible, ethical and outstanding leadership either in specific positions of responsibility or while engaged in service activities are indicators of a nominee's qualifications for the award. Self-nominations are acceptable.
- Awarded for superior leadership experience and skills in organized student groups and activities.
- Must be in at least their second year at UC Davis at the time of application, achieve junior status by the end of winter quarter 2017, and not be graduating before fall quarter 2017.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 overall and not be on academic probation at end of fall quarter 2016.
- Previous recipients of the Margarita Robinson Student Leadership Award and/or the Vice Chancellor's Award of Merit are not eligible for this award.
- Nominations are due February 26, 2017. (Self-nominations are accepted.)
- Applications will be accepted for all eligible nominees between March 3–17, 2017.
- Application prompt: “Please provide a personal statement explaining how your qualities of leadership, service and scholarship qualify you for this award.”
- Applicants must also secure and submit a letter of recommendation by March 17, 2017.