Social Justice and Inclusion Award
The Social Justice and Inclusion Award honors the graduating student of any gender who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to social justice in the areas of leadership, scholarship, and service. This award will honor a student who has served as a change agent and made a tangible impact on campus community promoting equity and inclusion.
- The recipient of the Social Justice and Inclusion Award will receive $1,000.00.
- Selection Criteria and Nominee/Applicant Requirements:
- A student's overall contribution to the campus and community is the primary criterion considered. Nominees should be widely recognized as leaders held in high esteem by other students. They must have made a significant contribution through participation in campus or community service. Evidence of socially responsible, ethical and outstanding leadership either in specific positions of responsibility or while engaged in service activities are indicators of a nominee's qualifications for the award. Self-nominations are acceptable.
- Must graduate by the end of Summer Session 2017.
- Must have attended UC Davis for at least two academic years.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 overall and not be on academic probation at end of fall quarter 2016.
- Nominations are due February 26, 2017. (Self-nominations are accepted.)
- Applications will be accepted for all eligible nominees between March 3–17, 2017.
- Application prompt: “Please address all of the following questions in your short essay: What does Social Justice mean to you? What is your motivation for being involved with the work of Social Justice and Inclusion? In what ways have you served as an agent of change and how has this impacted the campus community? In what ways do you think the community has felt included in your efforts to promote equity?”
- Applicants must also secure and submit a letter of recommendation by March 17, 2017.