Veloyce Glenn Winslow Jr. Award
The Veloyce Glenn Winslow, Jr. Award honors the graduating man believed to be the most outstanding in the areas of leadership, scholarship, integrity and service in the campus community. This award was established in 1966 to memorialize the achievements of Veloyce Glenn Winslow, Jr., who died while serving as vice president of the student body at UC Davis.
- The recipient of the Veloyce Glenn Winslow Jr. Award will receive $1,000.00.
- Selection Criteria and Nominee/Applicant Requirements:
- A student's overall contribution to the campus and community is the primary criterion considered. Nominees should be widely recognized as leaders held in high esteem by other students. They must have made a significant contribution through participation in campus or community service. Evidence of socially responsible, ethical and outstanding leadership either in specific positions of responsibility or while engaged in service activities are indicators of a nominee's qualifications for the award. Self-nominations are acceptable.
- Must graduate by the end of Summer Session 2017.
- Must have attended UC Davis for at least two academic years.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 overall and not be on academic probation at end of fall quarter 2016.
- Nominations may be submitted beginning February 1, 2017.
- Applications will be accepted for all eligible nominees between March 3–March 17, 2017.
- Applicants must also secure and submit a letter of recommendation by March 17, 2017.