The UC Davis Student Community Center (SCC) is home to dynamic student life centers and academic services.
The building is a welcoming, inclusive 43,000 square-foot space that features an extended-hours study room, meeting rooms, open lounge and study space, CoHo South Cafe , Nurturing the Dream and Practice of Freedom murals , a reflection room overlooking an exterior water feature, two outdoor balconies, and traditional and gender-neutral restrooms.
The construction and operating expenses for this LEED Platinum certified center, which is integral to the UC Davis community, are paid for largely from student fees authorized by student referenda: 1999's Facilities and Campus Enhancement Initiative, or FACE, and 2002’s Campus Expansion Initiative, or CEI. The budget also includes student service fees and campus investment funds.
The Student Community Center is home to:
- AB540 and Undocumented Student Center
- Cross Cultural Center
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual Resource Center
- McNair Scholars Program
- Strategic Asian and Pacific Islander Retention Initiative
- Student Recruitment and Retention Center
- Undergraduate Research Center
- Women’s Resources and Research Center
- IET Computer Rooms and Media Lab
Murals at the SCC:
There are currently two murals at the SCC, Nurturing the Dream, by Artist Susan Shelton and The Practice of Freedom, by Malaquias Montoya. A third mural, titled The Unfinished Dream, by artists Kim Anno and Miranda Bergman can be found on the Memorial Union Patio.