- Student Centered: We center students in our daily work by encouraging and supporting programs and services initiated by and for students.
- Equity: We strive to create a campus community where everyone has access to the resources they need to participate fully and thrive.
- Intersectional Approaches: Our approach to working towards social justice includes an examination and addressing all forms of oppression and valuing students’ multiple identities in a holistic way.
- Advocacy: We advocate for the needs of all students by creating and sustaining institutional change that fosters an inclusive campus climate and promotes retention of all students.
- Community: We believe that the success of each individual student is made possible in the context of supportive communities. As such, we create spaces that foster community in its many forms.
CRRC Strategic Priorities
- Educate/Empower/Advocate: Educate, empower, and advocate for students to take full advantage of their educational opportunities in order to maximize their academic experience.
- Campus Climate: Implement broad-based campus climate interventions in order to create a more inclusive campus environment and a sense of belonging for students to meet their academic goals.
- Awareness: Raise awareness and engage students in the praxis of critical consciousness and intersections of identities and oppressions in classrooms, communities, and personal lives.
- Holistic Support: Serve as thriving and accessible. Centers that provide a holistic approach to support student learning, persistence, retention, and graduation.
- Post-College Success: Provide opportunities for students to develop and practice skills that foster post-college success.