Nominate a Student for NUFP
Each year NUFP at UC Davis supports undergraduate students in their exploration of the field of student affairs. Students, staff, and faculty members can all nominate a student.
Apply for NUFP
Applications are currently closed.
The NASPA Undergraduate Fellows Program (NUFP) at UC Davis is a semi-structured mentoring program and cohort experience for undergraduate students that are interested in or exploring the field of student affairs. It is tied to the national organization, NASPA, which is the leading association for the advancement, health and sustainability of the student affairs profession.
The mission of the NASPA Undergraduate Fellows Program is to increase the number of historically disenfranchised and underrepresented professionals in student affairs and/or higher education. This includes, but is not limited to, those of racial and ethnic-minority background, those having a disability and those who identify as LGBTQIA+.
NUFP activities are structured around a set of learning outcomes, which are reflected in the curriculum, training and institutes for the program. NUFP fellows develop:
- Writing, research and presentation skills
- Ethical decision-making skills
- Cultural competency skills
- Professional networking skills
- The ability to identify and develop personal, academic and career goals
- An awareness and understanding of engaged citizenship and service
- Understanding about multiple relationships to power and privilege
- Understanding of the history, mission and purpose of student affairs and the various institutional types and structures within higher education
- Understanding of NASPA’s organization and structure
Once selected, fellows must remain involved in a number of ways. Program requirements include:
- NUFP Orientation (October)
- Professional development workshops (monthly)
- Cohort check-in meetings (monthly)
- Mentor-fellow meetings (monthly)
- Mid-year NUFP evaluation
- NUFP project (spring quarter)
- State of the NUFP Symposium (May)
- End-of-year NUFP evaluation
NUFP participants may apply for funding and support to attend one NASPA-sponsored event per year. These events include:
- Western Regional Conference
- NASPA National Conference
- The Dungy Leadership Institute