Questions About the Application Process?
Contact the recruitment chair, Vanessa Talavera.
Applicants to the UC Davis NUFP cohort must meet all criteria, apply to be a part of the UC Davis Fellow cohort, and submit their application to the national NUFP organization.
Criteria for Successful Applicants
NASPA Undergraduate Fellows Program (NUFP) applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student
- Have a least a 2.5 GPA
- Have a strong desire to learn more about higher education and student affairs
- Identify as historically disenfranchised and underrepresented professionals in student affairs and/or higher education. This may include, but is not limited to, those of racial and ethnic-minority background, those having a disability and those identifying as LGBTQIA+.
Part 1: Apply to be a part of the UC Davis Fellow cohort
- Submit the campus-specific online interest application through Google Forms.
- You will be asked to upload a copy of your transcript (official or unofficial) with your cumulative GPA circled in this google form. Please plan accordingly and do not send only the last page of your transcript. Community College transfer students may submit the transcript from their Community College coursework.
- Schedule your interview with one of the committee members
- Receive notification from the NUFP Committee.
Part 2: Apply to join the national NUFP Organization
Once you have been notified on your status to the UC Davis Fellow Cohort, the NUFP committee will help join the national organization:
- Create a NASPA member ID.
- Submit the NASPA online demographic form.
- Mentor Application Form
- Fellow-Mentor Agreement Form
- Letter of recommendation from a staff or faculty member