Benefits of Joining NUFP
- Gain clarity for future goals. Want to work in higher education or with college students? Considering a graduate degree? Want to get more involved in student affairs throughout your UC Davis undergraduate career? We'll help you find your path.
- Take advantage of professional development opportunities. At Cohort meetings, you will learn transferable skills in relation to the graduate search and future careers in student affairs.
- Attend conferences. A select amount of Fellows are able to travel to national or local student affairs related conferences each year.
- Get a mentor. Fellows will be paired with a higher education professional on campus as their mentor.
- Build your professional network. Meet staff, faculty, and other students.
- Make new friends.
Applicants to the UC Davis NUFP cohort must meet all criteria, apply to be a part of the UC Davis Fellow cohort, and submit their application to the national NUFP organization.
Criteria for Successful Applicants
NASPA Undergraduate Fellows Program (NUFP) applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student
- Have a least a 2.5 GPA
- Have a strong desire to learn more about higher education and student affairs
- Identify as historically disenfranchised and underrepresented professionals in student affairs and/or higher education. This may include, but is not limited to, those of racial and ethnic-minority background, those having a disability and those identifying as LGBTQIA+.
Part 1: Apply to be a part of the UC Davis Fellow cohort
- Submit the campus-specific online interest application through Google Forms (currently accepting, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions).
- You will be asked to upload a copy of your transcript (official or unofficial) with your cumulative GPA circled in this google form. Please plan accordingly and do not send only the last page of your transcript. Community College transfer students may submit the transcript from their Community College coursework.
- Schedule your interview with one of the committee members
- Receive notification from the NUFP Committee. Once you have been notified on your status to the UC Davis Fellow Cohort, the NUFP committee will help you complete part 2 of the application process: Joining the National Organization.
Part 2: Apply to join the national NUFP Organization
- Locate your NASPA customer ID. If you do not have a customer ID, please create one, but do not purchase a membership.
- Submit the online demographic form. To complete this form, please use your own answers plus the answers in the UC Davis-specific form.
- Mentor Application Form*
- Fellow-Mentor Agreement Form*
- Letter of recommendation from a staff or faculty member
* These steps are also part of your application and will be completed and provided by UC Davis NUFP Committee Recruitment Chair, Vanessa Talavera.