Student Development Funds promote the professional development of undergraduate students and is sponsored on behalf of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs.
Application submissions are currently open and are reviewed for eligibility during fall, winter and spring academic terms only.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Funds are dedicated to current UC Davis undergraduate students.
- Individuals may receive up to $500 per fiscal year for events occurring within the fiscal year of July 1 - June 30.
- The event date must occur within the same fiscal year as the application submission.
- Applications are reviewed only during fall, winter and spring academic quarters by the Council on Student Affairs and Fees (COSAF) for approval/denial.
- If applying for funds to host a professional event organized exclusively for current profession, scientific, or education purposes pertaining to and for the enrichment of UC Davis, both the applicant and attendees must be undergraduate students.
- If applying on behalf of a student organization:
- Any approved CFC Funding must be used first before Student Development Funds can be expended.
- RSO's may receive funding once per fiscal year (July-June).
- For groups of 5 or more traveling to the same event, up to a maximum of $2,500 can be requested.
- An event agenda and budget with projected itemized expenses will need to be submitted as part of your application.
- Please allow up to 3 weeks to receive a response to your application.
- The applicant must be the individual to pay for their expenses.
- All individuals receiving funding must submit itemized detailed receipts for reimbursement.
- All reimbursement documentation must be submitted within 5-7 business days of the event with proof of payment and receipts itemized.
- Applicants will be reimbursed within the limits set by UCD PPM 300-10 and UC G-28 for travel, and UCD PPM 330-80 and UC BUS-79 for entertainment with a suggested tip rate of no more than 15-18% for catering/meal costs.
- If your RSO is hosting an event, a Certificate of Insurance may be required depending on the nature of the event. Please refer to CSI's guidelines here.
- Student Affairs reserves the right to verify the event with the designated guests.
- Failure to comply with the Student Development Fund guidelines will result in forfeiture of funding even if request was originally approved and personal funds have been spent.
- Failure to abide by these guidelines may jeopardize approval of future Student Development funding.
Ineligible Events and Expenses
Funding will not be awarded for the following:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Awards and/or gift cards
- Costs for non-UC participants
- Departmental events
- Events open to the public
- Multiple applications for the same event
- RSO regular programmatic activities
- Spouses, domestic partners and family members of attendees
- Tickets for sports events or musical/theatrical performances