Student Development Funds promote the professional development of undergraduate students and is sponsored on behalf of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs.
Applications submissions are currently open and are reviewed for eligibility during fall, winter, and spring academic terms only.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to email@example.com.
- Funds are dedicated to current UC Davis undergraduate students.
- Individuals may receive up to $500 per fiscal year for events occurring within the same fiscal year (July 1 - June 30).
- If applying for funds to host an event geared towards professional development:
- Both the applicant and attendees must be undergraduate students at UC Davis.
- The event must benefit the enrichment of the UC Davis undergraduate community.
- If applying on behalf of a student organization:
- Any approved CFC Funding must be used first before Student Development Funds can be expended.
- Funding for RSOs is capped at a maximum of $2,500 per organization, or $500 per individual, whichever is less.
- Funding is limited to once per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30).
- Applications are reviewed only during fall, winter and spring academic quarters by the Council on Student Affairs and Fees (COSAF) for approval/denial.
- An event agenda and budget with projected itemized expenses will need to be submitted as part of your application.
- Please allow up to 3 weeks to receive a response to your application.
- The applicant must be the individual to pay for their expenses.
- All individuals receiving funding must submit itemized detailed receipts for reimbursement.
- All reimbursement documentation must be submitted within 5-7 business days of the event with proof of payment and receipts itemized.
- Applicants will be reimbursed within the limits set by UCD PPM 300-10 and UC G-28 for travel, and UCD PPM 330-80 and UC BUS-79 for entertainment with a suggested tip rate of no more than 15-18% for catering/meal costs.
- Award funds are disbursed in the form of a reimbursement after the conclusion of the awarded event.
- Trip registration is required for all out-of-state and international travel. To register an upcoming trip, visit: https://ehs.ucop.edu/away
- If your RSO is hosting an event, a Certificate of Insurance may be required depending on the nature of the event. Please refer to CSI's guidelines here.
- Student Affairs reserves the right to verify the event with the designated guests.
- Failure to comply with the Student Development Fund guidelines will result in forfeiture of funding even if request was originally approved and personal funds have been spent.
- Failure to abide by these guidelines may jeopardize approval of future Student Development funding.
Ineligible Events and Expenses
Funding will not be awarded for the following:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Awards and/or gift cards
- Costs for non-UC participants
- Departmental events
- Events open to the public
- Multiple applications for the same event
- Recurring and/or programmatic RSO activities
- Spouses, domestic partners and family members of attendees
- Tickets for sports events or musical/theatrical performances