Nominate by March 4
Nominations are required. Students may self-nominate. Please submit a nomination on the Financial Aid and Scholarships website for the Mary Jeanne Gilhooly Award by March 4, 2024. Nominees will be contacted directly with additional application information after March 4, 2024.
The Mary Jeanne Gilhooly Award honors the graduating woman outstanding in the areas of leadership, scholarship, integrity and service in the university community. The award was established in 1942 to memorialize the achievements of Mary Jeanne Gilhooly, recognized as an "unofficial goodwill ambassador to every prospective Aggie."
- The recipient of the Mary Jeanne Gilhooly Award receives $1,000. The nomination process starts during winter quarter.
- Selection criteria and nominee/applicant requirements:
- A student's overall contribution to the campus and community is the primary criterion considered. Nominees should be widely recognized as leaders held in high esteem by other students. They must have made a significant contribution through participation in university or community service. Evidence of socially responsible, ethical and outstanding leadership either in specific positions of responsibility or while engaged in service activities are indicators of a nominee's qualifications for the award. Self-nominations are accepted.
- Must graduate by the end of summer sessions.
- Must have attended UC Davis for at least two academic years.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 overall and not be on academic probation at end of fall quarter.
This award is recognized at the annual spring commencement ceremony.