Nominate by March 17
Nominations are required. Students may self-nominate. Please submit a nomination on the Financial Aid and Scholarships website for the Veloyce Glenn Winslow Jr. Award by March 17, 2023. Nominees will be contacted directly with additional application information in mid-March.
The Veloyce Glenn Winslow Jr. Award honors the graduating man believed to be the most outstanding in the areas of leadership, scholarship, integrity and service in the university community. This award was established in 1966 to memorialize the achievements of Veloyce Glenn Winslow Jr., who died while serving as vice president of the student body at UC Davis.
- The recipient of the Veloyce Glenn Winslow Jr. Award receives $1,000. The nomination process starts during winter quarter.
- Selection criteria and nominee requirements:
- A student's overall contribution to the campus and community is the primary criterion considered. Nominees should be widely recognized as leaders held in high esteem by other students. They must have made a significant contribution through participation in university or community service. Evidence of socially responsible, ethical and outstanding leadership either in specific positions of responsibility or while engaged in service activities are indicators of a nominee's qualifications for the award. Self-nominations are accepted.
- Must graduate by the end of summer sessions.
- Must have attended UC Davis for at least two academic years.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 overall and not be on academic probation at end of fall quarter.
This award is recognized at the annual spring commencement ceremony.